Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful (3)

Photo Source

They are
supporting
encouraging
truth-telling
loving
at just the right moments.

We can
pray
eat
cry
bake
watch movies
drink
work out
laugh
dance
(Just Dance)
talk and talk and talk
together,
and I love it.

We gather
in living rooms
around fire pits
at beach houses
in backyards 
it doesn't matter -
the conversation's always great.

They watch our girls at the drop of a hat.
They're beautiful inside AND out.
They encourage the relationships I have with
God
my husband
and our girls.
They twist schedules to meet up for even just an hour.
They bring coffee.
They make post girls' bedtime visits on the regular.
They craft because I can't.
They bring treats.
They make me laugh - 
all. the. time.

All different.
All wonderful.
All at different stages of this journey we call life.

I'm thankful for my sweet, sweet friends.
I'm thankful for the best of the best.

No comments: