Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Smooshie Smooshie

Valentine's Day 2013
 I'm not much for flowers, chocolate, and jewelry.  I know - so weird, right?  Despite my insisting on no gifts, Bill is always guilty of spoiling me (and the girls) - on holidays, birthdays, or just because.  What I find more appealing than the thoughtful presents, though, are his loving words
that accompany the goodies.

Upon seeing the flowers and reading the message that Bill had delivered this afternoon -
Gianna exclaimed,
Oh, no!  You and dad aren't going to do the smooshie smooshie on the bed again are you?
Excuse me?  What do you mean, Gianna?
You know - K!  I!  S!  S!
Oh, probably.  Why do you call it smooshie smooshie?
Because - you smoosh your lips like this (smooshes lips) when you kiss.
Girls - I'm sorry I continue to traumatize you with my crazy affection for your daddy.  I just can't get enough of him.  One day I hope you'll understand - many, many, many (many) years from now.
March 2002
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: