Friday, June 1, 2012

Not CFA (A Recipe)

The girls are in love their chicken nuggets/strips/etc.  Because of this, I'm always on the search for variations on the classic so we don't spend our lives at Chick-fil-A 
(which the girls AND Bill would do without a problem).

Because I spend just a little bit of my time here, I have plenty of recipes to pull from if I ever get the urge.  I decided to try this one tonight, and everyone approved.  It was easy, tasty -
and I had all the ingredients on hand.

  35 ritz crackers (butter flavor)
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs worth)
1 cup light mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
2 teaspoons ground mustard

Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place crackers in a Ziploc bag and roll over them with a rolling pin until they are finely crushed.
In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, and mustard.
In a second bowl, combine crushed crackers, sesame seeds, and Parmesan cheese.
Cut chicken lengthwise into 1/4" strips.
Dip strips into mayonnaise mixture, then into crumb mixture.
Place chicken on foil-covered baking sheet.
Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Serve with your favorite condiment.

Yay for getting dinner on the table despite the chaos pictured above.

No comments: