Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Filipina Superwoman

true beauty
My husband has often commented on how awesome my mom is because she can do yard work like a boss.  I'm not talking about cutting the grass and weed-eating, although she is capable of both.  I'm referring to getting roots out of the ground, ripping limbs from the trees, and getting debris off of the roof type of yard work.

Not only can she do her thing outside, but one can probably eat off the my mother's kitchen floor - I'll even go as far as to say that you could probably eat off the floor in her bathrooms.
She doesn't play around when it comes to housework.

Don't even get me started about my mother's cooking.  Don't like Filipino food?  You will after you taste hers.  She also makes a mean steak, spaghetti, and fried egg - all random.  All delicious.  She doesn't bake these days, but I remember when I was a little - her macaroons are to die for.

Want to make me cry?  Just talk about all this stuff.
I've already started and I haven't even gotten to the best part.  I'm pretty fortunate to be surrounded by some amazingly strong people - my mom included.  She:
grew up in a family of 9 children
was raised part of that time by her aunts
fell in love and married a man who took her to another country to live and raise a family
has me and my sister as her daughters
worked hard to help support our family
then stayed home to raise me and my sister
suffered the loss of her parents while thousands of miles away - only physically
reuniting with her family after those losses
attended every one of our parent-teacher conferences - I'm not kidding you guys,
every. single. one.
loves God, loves my dad, loves my sister, and loves me
is the best Lola to our four girls - she might even beat out their daddy as the favorite one

My mom is as sassy as they come - my sister and I get that trait honestly.  Along with that, we've inherited our mom's ridiculous love for family - behind all of the firecracker is a heart of gold.  My mom would do anything for my dad, my sister, me, and our girls - I bet she would do anything for you, too.  You would be blessed if you got to be friends with my mom - she would be an encouragement to you, and she would make you laugh for sure.
model status
off to the U.S. to reunite with her honey
sister time
the lovely parents
loving on Lola

Happy Birthday, Mom - I'm so thankful for you.
Love you forever.

No comments: