Monday, January 18, 2010

How Many Does That Make?

Just because I think they're so entertaining myself, here's another conversation I had with one of our daughters:

ESPY
Momma, do you want to know what I want to be when I grow up?
GRACE
No, what?
ESPY
A mother.
GRACE
That's awesome.
ESPY
You know why I wanna be a mother.
GRACE
Why?
ESPY
Because I want to have babies.
GRACE
Who are you going to marry?
ESPY
I don't know - God can choose.
GRACE
Well, how many babies are you going to have?
ESPY
Probably a lot.
GRACE
How many is a lot?
ESPY
Probably like ten hundred.
GRACE
Wow, that's a lot.
ESPY
How many does that make?
GRACE
How many does what make?
ESPY
How many does ten hundred make?
GRACE
That would be a lot of babies, sweetie.

The conversation goes on from there, but it's pretty much repetitious.
Basically, our oldest wants to have a lot of babies.
She doesn't know who she's going to marry,
but they're are going to be lots of babies to be had.
Oh the naivete of a little girl's imagination.

No comments: