Monday, November 16, 2009

Mommy's Playdough

Today I made two things that I've always wanted to try at home. One has nothing to do with the other,
but both will get great use in this household!

This month it was my turn to make playdough for Gianna's preschool class. Her teacher sent home the recipe last week, and here it is:

2 cups flour
1 cup salt

2 cups water
2 tablespoons oil

2 teaspoons cream of tartar
food coloring

Mix all the ingredients together. Cook approximately 5 minutes on medium heat. Dough will pull away from pan when ready.
Knead until smooth.


Easy enough, right? Yes, it is.

But why does it always take me extra long to find the one spice I need (cream of tartar) among the 1,092,387 spices on the shelves?

I digress.

Just make sure the playdough is totally "done" before you take it out of your cooking apparatus. I took mine out a little early and ended up with yellow goo slowly creeping off the cutting board. I stuck it back in the pot for just a minute or two more, and me & Mr. Playdough were good to go. Let the kneading begin.

Gianna was quite proud of the yellow playdough mommy made -
and who are we kidding? Mommy was a little proud, too.
It's the little things.
I know - I am easily amused.

See what else makes me happy tomorrow
when I share my other fun project.
Again - it's the little things.

Photo by: Robert S. Donovan
Play-Doh colors by Robert S. Donovan.

No comments: