Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Date

Espy went on her first date today.
She was so excited she could hardly stand it.


One of the guys in our youth group told me this story:
So when I was a young lad, my sister's best friend's older sister took me on a date to the ice cream shop. She was like 18, and I was 5. So I have remembered that day my whole life. So I want to take your girls on a date one night (if you trust me driving), but I am good - haha. But I think it would be really fun. Let me know what you think.


After lunch this afternoon, I took Espy outside to meet her date. You should have seen the smile on that little girl's face - adorable.


Thank you, Matt, for taking out my little Espy and showing her how a gentleman should treat a lady - she will never forget it!

4 comments:

Jecca Andrew said...

i'm sitting at work... crying. oh geez. what a man that little matty is...

Grace said...

That he is!!

Amanda said...

I'll be honest... I welled up. That is so ridiculously precious and I'm not usually suckered by these things. And I have to run to my last class of the day like... right now. Hopefully they can't tell.

It's like a good Hallmark commercial, really.

Grace said...

I don't know if you can remember or not, Amanda - but could your class tell that you got a little moved before class?? You're so right - it is EXACTLY like a good Hallmark commercial!