Monday, August 10, 2009

Simplifying

The clutter is driving me mad. I'm on a mission to get rid of things our family doesn't need or love. I guess I'll keep the girls, but we definitely have way too many toys, clothes, shoes - I could go on and on and on.

Just look at this example of
organization. It makes me smile.
making life easier by almostbunnies.
Last night I got rid of 398,328 towels/sheets and 12,361,235 stuffed animals. It felt good.
The girls actually had a good time purging - imagine that.

My advice for today - get rid of some stuff. Get rid of a lot of stuff. It'll make you happy - promise.

3 comments:

Lisa Thomas said...

Yes, I have to agree with this mentality...it's made life so much easier. I wish wish wish I was able to do this with clothes but I'm not sure yet what I'll need for Aspen...my toddlers are down to 3 pairs of shoes each and although it drives me nuts to not have matching shoes for everything, it sure makes things more simple...
So, if you are trying to get rid of fall/winter clothes, please keep me in mind ...I'll purchase stuff...I do not have fall/winter things for Aspen at all...and I hate to shop and would much rather "shop" from someone else's work...haha.
I often say that if I just weaned our family down to about 7 days worth of clothes each, for each season, life would be good...but that's HARD to do...and I'm not sure I'm that extreme yet but I'm getting there...
Love your blog...it makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I think your husband is hot!

Grace said...

Lisa - Let me know what size Aspen is...I plan on going through the girls' clothes (again!) in a few weeks.

Anonymous - I'd have to agree, but I have the distinct feeling that you and my husband are one and the same...interesting.