Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gianna-isms II

This kid just can't stop being funny (to me).

GIANNA
Where's daddy?
GRACE
He's on a trip with the big kids.
GIANNA
I miss him so much.
My heart is breaking.

GIANNA
Why is that man here?
GRACE
He's here to fix our heater.
GIANNA
Why is the heater broken?
GRACE
I'm not sure - that's why the man is here.
GIANNA
Why is he the heater guy?
GRACE
That's his job, Gianna.
GIANNA
Why is that his job?
Probably that's what God wants him to do.
GRACE
Probably.
GIANNA
Can I play on your computer?


to her friend Lily - age 25 years - at church (paraphrased)
I don't want us to chase each other.
Let's just run around in circles.

ESPY
Who are you going to marry, Gianna?
GIANNA
I'm going to marry Daddy.
GRACE
You can't marry Daddy. He's already married to Mommy - and daughters can't get married to daddies. You can't marry your family.
GIANNA
Ok, I'm going to marry James.
ESPY
(laughing)
James is your cousin.
GIANNA
No, he's my friend.
GRACE
Yes, he's your friend - but he's your cousin, too.
GIANNA
Who am I going to marry?
GRACE
We'll see.
GIANNA
I think I'm going to marry Matt.
GRACE
Oh yeah?
ESPY
(laughing uncontrollably)
You're going to marry Matt, Gianna?
GIANNA
Yeah.
He's my boyfriend.

GIANNA
(walking into the living room first thing in the morning)
Hey, mom.
GRACE
Good morning, Gianna.
Did you have a good night-night?
GIANNA
(climbs in my lap)
Mm-hm.
GRACE
Wow. You have morning breath.
GIANNA
(eyes still sleepy)
It's because I was very tired.
GRACE
Is that right?
GIANNA
Yes.

No comments: