Friday, February 5, 2010

Truth Teller

Gianna always speaks her mind.
Always.
We're trying to harness this superpower ability
for the good of mankind.

Please see the examples below:

(1)
She reprimanded a mother's language on several occasions because she kept saying a word and phrase that Gianna isn't allowed to say.
Ohhhhhhhhhh - she said a bad word.
(This sentence was repeated over
and over - and over - again.)

(2)
In a store, walking by a person who
may or may not have had some hygiene issues.
GIANNA
Mom! I smell something.
GRACE
(I'll just pretend I don't hear her.)
GIANNA
MOM! I smell something.
I think he pooted.

GRACE
Gianna, what's on my list?
GIANNA
(scrunching her nose)
Something smells.

GRACE
(walking away quickly)
Yes, I think we need more yogurt.

(3)
During a van ride home,
Gianna was upset with her sister, Espy.
GIANNA
I smell something.
(pause)
I smell something half-filipino.
(pause)
I smell something half-filipino with glasses...
(pause)
...that's my sister.
GRACE
(as Bill stifles laughter)
Stop being rude, Gianna.
Espy doesn't smell.

(turns around to see a big smile on Espy's face)
GIANNA
Yes, I smell something.
It smells.
It's half-filipino.
GRACE
Gianna! You're half-Filipino, too - so it might be you.
GIANNA
(pouts)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hahaha... I love it.