Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Name Doesn't Fit Me, and That's OK

via Pinterest
Lots of sassy going on around here lately.
So much so that my throat hurts.
Also enough that my husband jumped out of bed the other day because

1.) he didn't want me to throw the fury at him, and
2.) he wanted to make sure everyone was safe and sound.

I'll leave out all the other gory details.

Here's what's driving my impatience these days:

I haven't had much sleep the past few nights
(completely my fault - um, and sometimes my husband's).
The girls get exhausted mid-week.
Bill seems to be more busy than usual.

Add in my slight OCD and fascination with lists - 
it's all a recipe for craziness on my part.
What to do after I feel like I'm going to lose it for the millionth time in one day?

Phone conversations are a rarity for me.
It's ok - just a part of the journey I'm on right now.
In order to have a serious conversation, we have to be face to face.
I need to be out of the house,
or all the children should be in bed - preferably asleep!
Because of this, I'll often send out a text or two or three in order to get in touch with someone.

This is what happened when I begged for prayers last night via text:

You got it!!!!!  Bill working tonight or will u have help?  Love u

I'll be praying...I can relate.

I will  :)  r u taking big girls to kk?
...bedtime isn't too far away!!

Awww...i will.  Hang in there friend :) 

I always have a hard time with the middle of the week too...I will pray for you.  Btw, I am still the same.  Hang in there! 

Who is super thankful for awesome, encouraging, Jesus-loving friends?
This girl.

God and I were having words even before the texts started flying.  

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end; 
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23
 
... but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31
 
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Even more thankful for these truths!

No comments: