Friday, January 20, 2012

The Juicy Details

Photo Source
Our juicer is an ikon Multi-Speed Juice Fountain from Breville.
Love it.

There are lots of parts to clean, but it's manageable if you clean it right away.  Because I'm slightly obsessive, I wash it right after Bill juices. 

Our breakfast varies depending on what produce we have on hand.
This morning, Bill used:
2 kiwis
10 strawberries
3 carrots
a handful of blackberries
2 handfuls of blueberries
an orange
2 granny smith apples

We always have this for lunch:
Phil Staples Juice Recipe
1 bulk of kale
4 celery stalks
a cucumber
2 granny smith apples
1/2 of a lemon
a lump of ginger


Ginger root is not my best friend.
Ever since I was little, I've not been a huge fan of ginger - at. all.  I remember my mom making arroz caldo (a fantastic Filipino dish) and accidentally biting into a piece of ginger.  I would immediately spit it out of my mouth and into a napkin - yuck!  If it were up to me, I'd leave that jank out - but I don't make the juice so I take what I'm given - plus it's good for us.  I also try not to grimace and make the famous I don't like it face that Espy gives me sometimes because
I'm very grown up and very mature.
Honestly, the first batch had a ridiculous amount of ginger in it - Bill has since adjusted the size of a lump of ginger, and it tastes MUCH better now.

In the late afternoons/early evenings, Bill might juice us a little snack which helps with my late-night cravings for sweets which pretty much happens on a daily basis because I love to eat, of course.

No comments: