Friday, January 13, 2012

The Light

IMG_Holy Land_0170
Photo by: Jelle Drok
I've been surrounded by great friends, and it's been awesome.

They're fantastic because they've:
brought coffees when sleep and sanity were dissipating
made sure my mind hasn't been lost in the sea of little sicknesses
given the girls rides home when getting out of the house was nearly impossible
checked to make sure all of the girls have survived a mom who's still learning patience

The list goes on and on,
and I'm humbled.

I've been equally impressed with the honest conversations we've been having lately,
 real thoughts on:
unexpected jealousies
 difficulties in motherhood
real, true relationships vs the illusion of friendship
huge life changes
when the truth in love hurts
God moments
life in marriage
taking emotional risks, and how that plays out uniquely in each of our lives

I'm just now seeing the light at the end of this tunnel of funkiness that I've 
created for myself.  Little sleep along with my own depravity provide a great opportunity for self-reflection.  We're all a messed up bunch trying to love each other the way that He loves us, and I'm happy to be a part of it.  My hope is to reciprocate the friendship these girls have shown me the last couple of weeks.  My desire is that this love will also extend beyond my own comfort zone to those who need it the most.

1 comment:

Lindsey O. said...

Hope you are doing well! It's good to have friends who are so selfless! :) Enjoy your weekend Grace!