Monday, January 16, 2012

Make This Tonight

Photo by: Joyful Momma
I found this recipe on Pinterest and couldn't wait to make it.
Our oldest is a picky eater - always has been.  
As soon as I put the dish on the table, Espy scrunched up her nose and was about to utter her infamous I don't like it before I gave her the don't even think about it face.

We loved it, and it's extremely rare that all six of us enjoy the same meal so a keeper it is.
Here is the recipe courtesy of Joyful Momma if you want to try it out:

Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilli

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x13 pan.
Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese.
Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
In a sauce pan - melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
Add broth and whisk until smooth.
Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
Stir in sour cream and chilies.
Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.

Tips and Suggestions
* add a can of drained Rotel Tomatoes to the chicken mixture
* add a cup of salsa to the chicken mixture
* add cumin and a 4 oz can of diced jalapenos to the chicken mixture
* add pinto beans or black beans to the chicken mixture

3 comments:

Lindsey O. said...

wow! YUM! :) I might just make it tonight! Great talking to you yesterday!!

Grace said...

It was SO good! Espy is by far my pickiest, and she loved it ;) It was good catching up - we missed you last night!

Dona Haggerty said...

Thanks for the recipe, Grace. I am definitely going to make this. Every Wednesday night at church we have a family meal with other families. I am in charge of the entree, someone else brings a big tossed salad and someone else brings dessert. We have a group of about 10-15. So this is one that I am going to make.
Thanks, also, for the chuckle out loud that you gave me. I could just see Espy's face...scrunched up and ready to say, "I don't like this." I remember those days...but I especially liked your comment about you gave her "that look". I used to have that look. Oh, wait, I still do. Just doesn't have the same affect as it used to. Anyhow...glad you found something that she likes. (Kevin was my picky eater...must have something to do with being the oldest???)
Love you, Gracie!!!
Dona