Monday, May 13, 2013

Miss Mommy*

November 2010
December 2012
My mom is amazing.
Proof: here and here.
Not only that, Bill's mom is fantastic as well.
I have awesome mentors.

In addition to savvy advisers, God has surrounded me with other moms to walk with on this journey.  Some have older children, others are in the same boat as me, and still others have recently boarded this roller coaster ride known as motherhood.

Bill is ridiculously good in his role as husband, father, and best friend - however he has no idea what it's like to be a mom.  I don't fault him for that.

However, that void is filled with friends who I can reach out to in a heartbeat who have the right
words, hugs, smiles, tears, prayers,
or a combination of all of the above to help me realize:
I'm not in this alone.

Their reassurance, encouragement, empathy, and love keep me going when I'm sometimes at my wit's end.  They are amazing and beautiful inside and out, and I'm thankful for each and every one.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Miss Mommies*.
You are a gift to your children.
You are a gift to me.

*
Dear Evangeline,
You have recently decided to call me Miss Mommy.  Perhaps you hear the children I take care of call me Miss Grace?  At any rate, it's kind of cute and I'm kind of a fan - unless you make it a permanent thing. Don't do that - it would make me sad.
Love you forever, 
Mom

No comments: