Monday, February 13, 2012

Espy Turns Eight

4 years old
It's pretty ridiculous that we have an eight year old on our hands.  I'll probably say this every year whenever our girls have a birthday, but seriously - I can't believe Espy is EIGHT years old, and it really does feel like she was born just the other day.  Promise.

It stresses me out that we only have ten more years with her until she's eighteen.  If the next ten go
as fast as the past eight, I might have a nervous breakdown.

Dear Espy,
I love you so much!  I'm so happy that God chose me to be your mom.  You're an awesome girl, and I can't see what God has planned for you and your life!  We won't always get along, and we won't always agree - but you will never ever do anything to make me stop loving you - I promise you that.  Thank you for being such a good big sister - the OLDEST sister.  Life's not always fair when you're the oldest (sometimes it's not fair in general - no worries, we'll learn more about that as you get older), but you're learning - and I'm proud of you for having a caring heart.
I love you, Esperanza Charisse!
Love you,
Mom
P.S.
This is what we did for your birthday:
We had breakfast donuts from DD.
Evangeline and I came to see you during lunch.
We had your birthday dinner at Cheddar's with me, Daddy, your sisters, Lolo, Lola, Tito, and Tita.
You celebrated your birthday with Gianna, Abbey, Kaitlyn,
Kayla, and Nilah at Starving Artist Studio (we love it there!).
You painted an awesome platter that I'm going to pick up this week.  I can't wait to see it.
Abbey spent the night, and it SNOWED!
Also, this is what happened on your very first birthday.
8 years old
  

No comments: