Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dear Maileen...

Dear Maileen,

It sucks that we cannot be physically with you, but please know that we are always thinking about you and praying for you daily.  I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true.  I am thankful that you are able to be with Peter and Marissa right now, even though it is only for a short time.  Being surrounded by love is an awesome healer.

I would also like to thank you for our friendship.  I know we haven't been close during the early part of our lives (because we lived so far apart), but with the help of technology (primarily SKYPE),  I have
felt closer than ever to my mom's side of the family and it's because of you.  I love our long conversations about our lives, our loves and our children.  I am so thankful that I can share that with you.I know that these past few months have been a roller coaster.  And I know that the next few months are going to be difficult.  But always remember that God is always with you.

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."  (Joshua 1:9)

So we will keep praying with you.  "For with God nothing will be impossible."  (Luke 1:37)

With love always,
gi

No comments: