Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Birthday, Gianna!

Dear Gianna,

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!  I can't believe you're seven years old today.  I want you to know how much I love you and how special I feel because I get to be your mom.  I love how God has made you inside and out, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for you this year.  You are a wonderful daughter, sister, and friend.  I think you're awesome and talented and amazing.  I love your stories, and I love our talks.  You know that I make mistakes (a lot of them!), but I'm thankful that you always forgive me.  Sometimes you may not understand why Daddy and I say or do the things that we do, but we say and do those things because we love you so much.  Know that no matter how upset I get, there's nothing you could ever do or say to make me stop loving you.  You are my most favorite Gianna.  Ever.

I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating with your PaPa, NeNe, and James.  I can't wait until you, Espy, and Daddy get home so we can all party together.

I love you forever,
Mom

In honor of Gianna Marie turning the big SEVEN today, a post all about her originally posted here:

I didn't think I could love anyone more than Bill, then along came Espy.
I thought for sure there was not enough love for another, and then there was Gianna.
I can still remember the morning she was born:
Bill, PaPa, NeNe, and Regan were in the delivery room with me.  It wasn't a long labor (oh, it still hurt), and once my water broke - that was all she wrote.  After a few pushes - we welcomed Gianna into the world, and our family has not been the same since.
Gianna was our easygoing baby.  That first night at the hospital, she slept through the night - literally.  I was so confused because I don't even think Espy was sleeping through the night yet, and she was two! She hardly ever cried - unless she wanted attention.  Or food.  Or needed a new diaper.

Lately Gianna has been more dramatic - life is hard at six.  She's not the oldest, but she's not the youngest.  She looks up to Espy so much and is very good about taking care of her sister, Evangeline.  Gianna and Isabella are either the best of friends, or they fight like cats and dogs - it really depends on how the stars are lined up that day.

Gianna is much like her dad in the area of
food
(They love salty snacks, biscuits and gravy, or a good sub.)
humor
(They both think they're funny.  Sometimes they are, sometimes - not so much.)
and fun
(They love the outdoors and sports).

She is our social butterfly.  After she gets acclimated to a situation or a person, she'll talk and talk and talk.  When she was a toddler, I often worried about what might come out of her mouth while we were out and about.  She didn't have a problem telling strangers exactly what she thought.

Gianna is passionate about what she believes in and tries VERY hard to stand her ground when she thinks she's in the right.  More often than not, this gets her into trouble.  I firmly believe if we can train this power for good, she'll be a force to contend with when she's fighting for what she loves.
last day of first grade

No comments: