Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sunday Funday

I had a great time with these cuties the other day.

It's been so beautiful - I'm thinking spring might be here to stay?  We're hoping so!
After church, I tried out a new recipe - SO good!
As Espy was eating,
I thought it might be disgusting.  It smelled like it might be disgusting, but really, Mom - it's not disgusting.  I like it.  Good job.
I love her honesty - now if we could just work on her tact.

After lunch, I fought my natural urge to immediately do all the dishes and start on my prep chores for the week.  We headed to a park down the street - the big girls on their bikes and the little ones in our wagon. 
When we got there, Gianna practiced riding her bike on the baseball field without her training wheels.  Other than a little trouble actually stopping her bike, she's doing great!
Espy was busy climbing all over the playground, and then she spent some time pulling Miss Evangeline around in the wagon.
Isabella found some mud to slip on and played barefoot for most of our time there.  She also found an abandoned yellow rope that is her new best friend.
This one always takes the best pictures (see her best friend on the ground?).
So serious.  So cute.

When we started to head back, pleas for Sweet Frog started taking place - so much so that Bill and I told them not to ask us again or else.  I couldn't think of anything other than that infamous phrase - besides, some frozen yogurt was sounding fantastic at that moment.  We just didn't want to be asked over and over and OVER again.  When we got home, we piled into the van and headed to Sweet Frog - of course.  The line was crazy long, but it went by faster than I thought it would.  Just as we were finished paying, a table opened up with enough seats for all of us - perfect.
The girls enjoyed more of the awesome weather when we got home.

It goes against my very being not to do things just "so" at just the "right" time, but I'm thankful I had that afternoon with the girls - a good, fun, happy memory for them to tuck into their treasure box of childhood remembrances.

No comments: