Monday, June 13, 2011

Coffee Punch

SECOND OF ALL
We had a shower for this chick last Saturday.
We both agree that we're fans of this picture, aren't you?
We love her.
We love her family.
We love her fiancé.
We love her fiancé's family.
Lots of love going around,
especially when we served this amazing coffee punch at her shower.

Here's the second recipe I promised for your forever box.

I found this through Heather's blog
(She is an amazing woman with an amazing family and an amazing story.)

when she mentioned her friend, Kirby.
(Lots of awesome creativity all over the place from this chick.)

Photo Source
COFFEE PUNCH
(so delicious - I want to make some RIGHT now!)
3 cups strong 
coffee
2 cups sugar
1 pint (2 cups) cream (or half & half)
1 quart (4 cups) milk
2 teaspoons vanilla


Dissolve sugar into hot
 coffee and let cool.
Add other ingredients.  

Pour into rubbermaid to freeze (at least overnight).
Remove from freezer two hours before serving.
Mix and serve very icy in a
 punch bowl.
One batch serves about 18
 small punch cups.


What???
It's the night before the shower, and you don't have any sugar?
It's too late to go to the store?
The recipe requires you to freeze it overnight?
Um, just use brown sugar instead - it'll be all right.
Not that I would know or anything.

I have big plans for this recipe -
just wait and see.

Yes, I will run 23948 miles every time I have a sip of this concoction.
Not really, but I'll seriously consider it.
It's so good!

P.S.
Don't have time to freeze it?  This madness is also exquisite served over ice.

You're welcome.

P.P.S.
I'll give you the third recipe tomorrow!

No comments: