Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's for Dinner?

Oh the infamous question that can lead to cheers or tears in our household.
No, seriously - sometimes our children cry over their dinner.
It's awesome.
Last night's dinner was fantastic for three reasons:

1)  It was super easy.
2)  Everyone liked it - except for Gianna,
but I'm going to blame that on her getting over being sick annnd being grumpy
because out of all of them - that one is not the picky eater.
3)  It makes plenty so it's a perfect "have people over and not be stressed about cooking dinner" kind of meal.

My friend Regan shared this recipe (from The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen Blog) with me,
and now I'm sharing it with you:

1 pound Ground Chuck
5 cups (12oz) Bow Tie Noodles
3 cups Spaghetti Sauce (or Pizza Sauce, Whatever You Prefer)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (or More, Make It To Your Taste)
½ cups Mozzarella Cheese
½ cups Sour Cream

1) Boil pasta.
2) Brown your meat (I used ground turkey).
3) Drain the pasta & dump it over the meat.
4) Drizzle olive oil on top.
5) Pour sauce over pasta. 
6) Add garlic powder.
7) Add Italian seasoning.
8) Add mozzarella cheese.
9) Add sour cream.
10) Stir all together over low heat until it's just combined.

Easy schmeasy - done and done.
I served it with salad and rolls.

And by salad, I mean:
Isabella licked the ranch of her spinach leaves.
Gianna had spinach leaves and ranch.
Espy had spinach leaves, craisins, and ranch.
Yes, I need to go to the store - like yesterday.

Oh, and by rolls - I mean:
I popped these
in from the freezer, and they were de.li.cious as always.

Make it!
You'll love it - for real.
Photo by: Ree Drummond

No comments: