Friday, November 16, 2012

Thankful (16)

I.  Love.  Date.  Night.

Bill and I try to schedule them twice a month, but we're lucky if we can squeeze in at least one.  The girls are always so sweet when I'm getting ready - oooing and ahhhing because their mother has done her hair and make-up and looks "like a princess."  Sometimes they start asking about how Bill and I met, when we started dating, and all about our wedding.  It gets me all sentimental and sometimes flustered at the same time!  Gotta love the fantastic ability to cry at a moment's notice.

When the girls were younger, and we only had one or two girls - I always had a hard time leaving them and wanted to rush back home right after dinner or coffee or whatever it was that we might be doing.  Now that they're older and they're often spread out among two or more babysitters, I'm not as uptight as I used to be - a little bit, but not as much.  It's nice to get away and have a nice, uninterrupted meal and/or drink and/or coffee while looking at and talking with my husband.  I may or may not be inappropriate while we're out and about - but that's all right.
I just pull out the This is how God made me! card.

Thankful for date nights with the Husband.

No comments: